Turn your home equity into joy equity
A home equity line of credit (or HELOC) can be a low cost, low interest way to bring a little joy into your life
It's been a long year and, as spring starts to bloom, let us help you find an easy way to bring some joy and happiness into your life. Whether it's a new room for you and your family, a way to get out an about in style, or even making the house you have into the home you want. Whatever your hopes and goals, a HELOC is a great way to get what you want from what you already have.
Ready to apply for a HELOC?
Click on the button below to create your account and start the application process. Creating your account will establish your User ID and Password. You'll need these to access your application, so you may want to make note of them.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- 4.99% rate with an Annual Percentage Rate ("APR") of 5.059% for the first year*
- In years two through thirty, the HELOC will have a Variable Annual Percentage Rate based on The Wall Street Journal Prime Rate (“Prime”) published on the first business day of the month. Maximum APR is 18%. Minimum APR is 3.25%
- Pay only interest during the first fifteen years, if you like
- You can borrow money for 15 years, up to a certain credit limit, then take up to 15 years to repay
- Access your line of credit by writing a check or making an online transfer to a BS&L Local Rewards Checking Account or another BS&L deposit account
HOW DOES IT WOrK?
A home equity line of credit lets you borrow against the equity you've built up in your home, up to a fixed credit line. For the first 15 years, you can borrow and optionally repay, over and over again. After 15 years, any balance outstanding converts to an amortizing loan that gets repaid monthly over the next 15 years.
AM I ELIGIBLE?
To qualify for a HELOC, you need to have available equity in your home. You can typically borrow up to 70% of the current value of your home minus any other debt you have on the home. Then we consider your credit score and history, employment, monthly income and other debts, before we approve your loan.
It can take as little as three weeks from application to closing for a HELOC, depending on the size and complexity of your loan request. If you still have questions, contact a mortgage officer or call us at (802) 275-3979
*The interest rate on the line of credit will be discounted for the first twelve (12) months. Currently, the discounted rate is 4.99% with an APR of 5.059%, fixed for the first twelve months. This equates to an periodic rate of 0.01367%. The APR does not include costs other than interest.
Brattleboro Savings & Loan offers Home Equity Lines of Credit as low as $10,000. Beginning on the first anniversary date of the loan, the annual fee is $50.00. Other fees and charges may apply, contact us for more details.
home equity line of credit