At Brattleboro Savings & Loan, we foster a culture of excellence and teamwork, and we encourage creative thinking. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our company to ensure a wide range of experiences, perspectives and skills to provide better solutions, drive innovation and creativity, and enhance decision making. If you're interested in a career at BS&L, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or mail to:
Brattleboro Savings and Loan | Attn: Michele Coursen | PO Box 1010 Brattleboro, VT 05302
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Member FDIC
LOAN SERVICING REPRESENTATIVE
Summary of Position:
This position is responsible for providing excellent service to customers, employees, and third parties regarding loan servicing tasks such as payment processing, interest and payment calculations, building new loans, system maintenance, problem-solving, tax and insurance escrows, third party reporting, balancing accounts, paying bills, regulatory compliance and report writing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds new commercial, mortgage and consumer loans onto our computer system.
- Processes loan payoffs, discharges paid off loan documents, makes payment corrections, processes and reviews system maintenance, problem-solves for internal and external customers, escrows for insurance and/or property taxes, reviews and mails documents to customers, lawyers, etc.
- Reports to federal agencies, credit bureaus, and investors.
- Uses several different computer programs to communicate with third party providers, write report parameters, maintain core system parameters, write procedures, and store documents.
- Researches/Learns/Practices regulatory compliance regarding loans as well as general banking regulations.
- Maintains all mortgage and consumer loan files, including legal and financial documents, answering questions, filing documents correctly and tracking file distribution.
- Answers telephone and responds to internal and external customer requests for information regarding loans, i.e.: loan payoff amounts, payment processing, legal documentation, escrow questions. This often requires doing research in multiple computer programs.
- Works directly with the Retail Department, Operations, Finance Department and Loan Officers and Processors as needed.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Associates degree, or high school diploma and three years lending and/or loan servicing experience is required.
- Customer Service experience required.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Effective and professional interpersonal skills that include good listening, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Project management skills.
- Strong aptitude for working on different technology applications.
- Excellence in understanding basic lending calculations together with general math skills is required.
- Fully capable of managing workload with speed and accuracy, to satisfy multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment with many interruptions.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite, internet savvy, iInnate ability to comprehend computer processing, and report-writing skills.
MORTGAGE LOAN OFFICER
Summary of Position:
Under general guidance of the VP of Mortgage & Consumer Lending and following established policies and procedures, the incumbent is responsible for the solicitation and origination of mortgage loan products in designated sales markets on behalf of the Bank. Establishes effective referral networks and professional relationships to meet assigned loan production objectives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides loan origination service to existing and potential customers via the phone, internet, or in-person appointments; identifies and presents various loan program options that will meet their needs; and qualifies applicants by analyzing tax returns, income, asset statements, credit reports and other necessary documents.
- Meets established loan production objectives by originating Bank mortgage loan products per established bank procedures and underwriting guidelines as well as compliance with applicable state and federal regulations.
- Ensures complete and thorough documentation; monitors application status of originated loans throughout the processing and closing steps. Actively assists with resolving customer documentation or other application issues to minimize processing delays and to meet customer service expectations.
- Provides optimum customer availability to take mortgage loan applications, provide financing options and products and conduct pre-qualification of clients. Provides in-branch walk-in coverage for the branch locations as directed based on business need.
- Actively participates in sales, training and development, or other business development opportunities such as realtor meetings, open houses, etc. to inform agents of the latest developments in the market and bank programs. Distributes rate sheets and other marketing materials to realtors and other referral sources as directed by the VP of Mortgage & Consumer Lending.
- Promotes and obtains Bank deposit accounts and makes appropriate referrals to other Bank departments and Affiliates as appropriate.
- Satisfactorily completes all required compliance training and complies with all regulations which apply within the scope of the position.
- Maintains current working knowledge of industry current events and changes impacting future mortgage activity.
- Continuously updates working knowledge of competitive products, procedures and processes to ensure superior customer experience and satisfaction.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Associates Degree preferred together with three to five years banking experience with a strong knowledge of residential mortgage lending products, regulations, and systems.
- Ability to work cohesively with internal support staff to close loans within regulatory guidelines and while exceeding borrower service expectations.
- Ability to multi-task and work quickly, efficiently, and accurately.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Self-directed with experience working with diverse clientele base.
- An ability to foster effective referral networks to meet production objectives.
- Working knowledge of mortgage lending/servicing software applications.
- NMLS registration or ability to become registered.
- We offer remote interviews; let us know if you'd prefer to meet this way.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required.
- Plastic shield at work stations.
- Temperature screenings for employees, unless fully vaccinated.
- Social distancing guidelines in place.
- Virtual meetings.
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place.