Our personal banking options are exactly that: personal
Debit cards are all about access and, with ATMs at each branch and around the community, our cards give you options to get your cash and some rewards too.
- No Interest or fees
- Same convenience as a credit card
- Zero Liability on unauthorized purchases:
- This feature protects you against unauthorized card use—including online and mobile purchases
We highly recommend using a credit card to make purchases, when traveling internationally. This will help minimize any fraud exposure and acceptance issues at the point-of-sale.
- We recommend that you bring multiple payment options with you, to ensure you do not have interruptions while traveling.
Ready to aPPLY FOR A DEBIT CARD?
It's easy to apply. If you'd like to apply online, just Login to your Online Banking account, click on the 'Secure Support' tab, and then click on 'Debit Card Application'.
Don't want to enroll in Online Banking?
Click on the button below, and download the application, instead.
Be sure to mail the completed form (or send by secure email) since it contains personal information including your account number.
With our Visa® credit card* you get convenience, worldwide acceptance, great benefits and more.
- No Annual Fee and a special Introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers
- Chip card security
- Fraud monitoring and zero fraud liability
- 24/7 customer service
* See the card application's Important Disclosures for current terms, rates and fees. Subject to credit approval. This card is issued by TCM Bank, N.A.
Credit Card Details
We're happy to help you with your check reorder, or you can order your checks on your own by clicking on the link below.
There are several ways to avoid overdrawing your accountWe recommend that you stay up-to-date on your account activity by balancing your checkbook and reviewing your statements, to guard against overdrafts. Our Online and Mobile Banking can also help you keep track of your account activity and available balance, to avoid overdrafts.
Savings SweepIn the event an overdraft situation should occur, we'll transfer funds from your BS&L savings account to cover an overdraft on your checking account.
Fees may apply. For additional information, or to enroll in our Savings Sweep, please visit your local branch or call us at (802) 254-5333.
OVERDRAFT PROTECTION LINE OF CREDIT
Our Overdraft Protection Line of Credit is attached to your BS&L checking account and advances funds to your account if an overdraft occurs.
Fees may apply. For additional information, or to apply for a Line of Credit, please visit your local branch or call us at (802) 254-5333.
COURTESY COVERAGEWe do not encourage overdrafts, but in the event one occurs, we provide Courtesy Coverage, an overdraft protection service for our customers.
Fees may apply. To learn more about Courtesy Coverage, please visit your local branch or call us at (802) 254-5333.
We offer an online financial tool called Checking Navigator, for understanding how your checking account works, how to better manage your checking account, and how to avoid overdraft fees. Click below and we’ll bring you over to Checking Navigator, our financial education tool.
You can check balances, verify cleared checks, transfer funds and more right on the phone.
- Convenient and available 24/7.
- Call (877) 275-6731 to access Telephone Banking
- Provides you with detailed information on checking and savings accounts, money market, loans, credit lines and more.
Whether you need foreign currency for an upcoming trip, or you're returning from your vacation and have leftover currency from another country, come see us.
Customers with a BS&L checking or savings account can order foreign currency or exchange foreign currency.
Foreign currency exchange
- Order foreign currency in person at any BS&L location, and pick up within 3 to 4 business days
- Exchange foreign currency for U.S. dollars when you return from your trip.
- There is a foreign currency exchange fee of 1% of the amount being exchanged
- $300 minimum and $10,000 maximum exchanges apply
- Be sure to order your currency early so that it arrives on time. We recommend ordering 3 to 4 business days before you leave
See a bank representative for more details. Exchange rates may fluctuate throughout the course of each day, sometimes significantly. Brattleboro Savings and Loan does not set the currency exchange rates, all exchange rates are assigned by our correspondent bank, ACBB, at the time that each currency order or currency redemption is placed with them. There are many factors that affect the rate of exchange such as market conditions, fees charged by ACBB, market risk and more. Exchange rates are subject to change without notice until your transaction is processed with ACBB, at which time your exchange rate is locked in. We will tell you your exact exchange rate at the time that your transaction is placed with ACBB. The exchange rate that is quoted when you purchase your foreign currency may be different than the exchange rate quoted when you redeem your leftover currency. You acknowledge and accept all risks that may result from market fluctuations. We do not accept any liability for our exchange rates. Foreign currency is exchanged for customers of Brattleboro Savings and Loan only, we cannot exchange currency for non-customers.