Your new Mastercard should be in your wallet
- Make sure that you've activated your card. Follow the instructions on the carrier and card. When you call the activation number, be sure to follow the prompts and set your PIN, after you’ve activated your card. When it prompts for the last four digits of your social security number, enter the last four of the cardholder’s social, not the account holder’s, and for business cards, enter the last four digits of the business Employer Identification Number (EIN).
- February is the last month your Discover® card will work. It will continue to work until you activate your Mastercard® but will stop working at the beginning of March. But for your security, we recommend that you activate your Mastercard promptly.
- What do I still need to do? You need to update the card information for any recurring payments you’ve set up to automatically charge your card. After you've activated your Mastercard, your old Discover card will be automatically deactivated, so you'll need to update those payment instructions so any automatic payments are processed successfully. Look at your statements for payments like:
- Streaming services like Netflix and Spotify
- Household bills like phone, internet, and electricity
- Online shopping where your card is saved like Amazon
- Memberships to organizations like a gym
To activate your card or change your PIN call:
(800) 290-7893 USA | (206) 624-7998 International
Here's why your new Mastercard is the cat's pajamas:
Tap and Go!
Your new card is contactless-enabled. At any merchant with a contactless-enabled point of sale terminal, you don’t need to swipe or dip your card; you can just hold the card against the terminal and your transaction will process. That’s it!
Pay with your phone!
Your new card will work with Apple Pay® and Google Pay™. You’ll enter your card information into the digital wallet on your phone and be able to pay with a click, even without your physical card. And it’s super secure!
Mastercard is accepted in over 210 countries. From Argentina to Zimbabwe, you can travel with confidence. Please still let us know if you’re using your card overseas, and it's always good to have backup forms of payment, just in case.