“As an organization and employer, we're defined by our people—neighbors helping each other for everyone's benefit.”
- MICHELE COURSEN HACKETT, HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER
Interested in working with us?
BS&L was founded in 1912 as a mutually-owned, cooperative savings association, and while we’re now a full-service bank (still a mutual!) we continue to serve our three main stakeholders —our employees, our customers and our communities—with laser-like focus. We foster a culture of excellence and teamwork, actively respect, value, and support diversity and are proudly a Certified B Corporation®. We’re looking for employees who will share our passion for working in a fun and supportive environment, providing top-level service to our customers (who we tend to know) and leading our communities into a better future, while working hard, growing and advancing. We may be small, but we’re mighty. Sound like you?
Summary of position:
At Brattleboro Savings & Loan we foster a culture of excellence and teamwork, and we encourage creative thinking and respect diversity. We strive to hire all our staff from our local community as well as promote an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another, and enthusiastic about serving our customers.
The Branch Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the entire branch as well as being the primary contact for consumer lending and business development. The Branch Manager is responsible for increasing market share within Bondville and surrounding communities, growing the Banks’ customer relationships and managing the overall profitability of the office.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the Senior Vice President/Senior Retail Officer, works to establish customer service standards and sales goals for deposit services, and ensures that deposit products are competitive. Through the on-site management of the branch, oversees the effective, efficient and friendly delivery of products and services to customers while maintaining security procedures at all times.
- Is responsible for staff development which may include training and coaching through one-on-one meetings, retail banking staff meetings and other ways to ensure that goals and objectives are met. In conjunction with the SVP/Senior Retail Officer, the Branch Manager is responsible for hiring staff as needed and approved.
- Develops new business with existing clients and prospective clients (in conjunction with the other departments of the Bank such as Mortgage and Commercial Banking) through outside sales calls and meeting with community leaders and other business members of the area.
- Works with SVP/Senior Retail Officer in coordinating the development and implementation of ongoing programs including Customer Service initiatives, cross-selling programs, and deposit operational needs.
- Originates consumer loans. Refers mortgage and commercial clients to the appropriate teams.
- Identifies new cash management service opportunities and works with the SVP/Senior Retail Officer to set up, train and support those business customers.
- Acts as a liaison to Park Place Financial Advisors (Does not engage in discussion with customers/clients of investment options and/or services offered through Park Place Financial Advisors).
- Oversees the operation of the office by resolving problems with customers or staff that need immediate attention. Resolves any maintenance issues with the building with support of the appropriate Main office staff.
- Ensures operational processes and standard operating procedures (SOPs) are adhered to.
- Provides direction to staff and/or handles more complex retail transactions.
- Demonstrates leadership and takes ownership of institutional relationships with key business and operational departments.
- Collaborates with the SVP/Senior Retail Officer for PTO management, staffing coverage and other inter-branch related matters.
- Assists in maintaining and improving Retail’s key platforms including Streamline, Vertex, The HUB, Share Drive, etc.
- Reviews and plans career/skill development of branch staff and monitors progress.
- Provides quality education and training to educate employees on all levels of customer service and satisfaction.
- Conducts timely and meaningful performance reviews for branch personnel, coaching and counseling as necessary, resolving performance issues as necessary.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Participates in a variety of civic activities contributing to the visibility of the Bank.
Education, skills and experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or 5 years equivalent banking experience
- Three to five years of consumer lending experience
- Three to five years of deposit services experience in banking
- Sales experience in a goal-based environment
- Experience in leading, motivating and developing a team
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Effective interpersonal and people management skills
- Proven ability to mentor diverse age groups
- Exhibits strong decision making and analytical skills
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses strong computer skills with the ability to work with multiple software programs
- Ability to multi-task in a high paced professional environment
- Community Minded
$48,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday through Friday, with rotating Saturdays
- Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location